17 – 22 March 2014 / Submission deadline: December 31, 2013 / No Entry Fee. W-W call artists to Voice ideas in next year’s Waterwheel World Water Day Symposium! The theme is “Water Views: Caring and Daring”. It will take place on the Internet platform Waterwheel - water-wheel.net. Artists can participate and take an active and important part in an international online event. Meet artists, scientists, water activists and inventors of all ages, and share your photos, images, videos, texts, poems and ideas with the world!
WHAT IS WATERWHEEL?
Waterwheel is like a multi media YouTube where you can upload all kinds of files, and via the Tap, meet people
and audiences from around the world.The Tap is like Hangouts or Skype. It is the venue where presentations and
performances are held, using your webcams and uploaded media. You can also draw online in real time. Everything
can be moved, rotated, resized and more.
HOW TO APPLY: AS AN ARTIST, A PERFORMER, AN INVENTOR OR A CURATOR?
Join our digital party! You will get to play on a cool platform and you will gain experience in putting forward a
proposal! You can participate as an individual or as a group (preference will be given to collaboration), posting on
the Waterwheel website either:
• An art piece - a drawing, video clip, poem, song, animation, etc
• A live presentation or a performance - as a written or video proposal (for up to 20 min)
• A curatorial project: you may propose to organise or/and present works from a group
• images (photos, drawings) - .jpg, .png (1000 pixels)
• video (with or without sound) - .mp4 (with sound 128kbps)
• animations – .swf
• sound file (e.g. music) - .mp3 (with 128kbps)
• text (e.g. poem) - .doc, .rtf, .pdf
• written proposals – max 300 words explaining what you’ll do and who’s participating – .doc, .rtf Up to 5 media
items can be uploaded per proposal.
WATER VIEWS: CARING & DARING
LIVE ONLINE & IN 12 NODES
• Deadline: December 31, 2013
• Notification of Acceptance: January 21, 2013
• Training sessions: dates to be confirmed. Meanwhile, see ‘How to Use’ below
• Event: March 17 - 22, 2014
CONDITIONS & SELECTION PROCESS:
• You can apply in English, French or Spanish.
• A teacher or parent must help you register if you are under 18 years.
• All work presented must be original.
• When you upload your media, identify it with the tag #3WDS14_YOUTH.
• Please refer to the screen capture on the next page for all detailS
A curatorial committee will review your applications and art pieces. They will contact you on the email that you supply with your registration.
HOW TO USE WATERWHEEL
Uploading Media - video HERE
Look for the manual here:
• English http://bit.ly/WW-pdf-En
• Spanish http://bit.ly/WW-pdf-Esp
• General information about the Waterwheel website and how it works: HERE
HOW TO UPLOAD YOUR MEDIA